14 July 2017

Plains Derailed! 5 Things In My Wardrobe That Just Didn't Work



Can you think of that one item that makes you shake your head at yourself? I bet you have one in mind!

I can think of five things that I bought that just didn't work in my lolita wardrobe.

We've all made bad purchases before (I even made a video about how to avoid this!), and some of us love to gripe about how stupid we were. I'm one of those people. I love listening to purchase horror stories, and that includes sad tales of dream dresses that didn't fit or new items that came in the wrong color.

It's drama without hurting anyone!

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic is just that - five things that didn't work. Keep reading to see some of my mistakes:

Haenuli's Matryoshka Cat

This dress is still super cute to me, even years after I sold it. The cats were too adorable with their big eyes and tiny grandma shawls. Too bad I just never got into royal blue, and I didn't like any of the other colorways either. I only wore this twice (one to help man a lolita consignment shop, two to a meetup at a Lithuanian restaurant) before selling it to someone who's wardrobe hopefully included brighter primary colors.


Baby, the Stars Shine Bright's Salon de Thé Minette

I originally wanted the necklace because of the cute cat in a pile of teacups (see a theme so far?) and just bought the skirt for the print since the necklace sold out everywhere instantly. I still yearn for it... Anyways, the colors ended up just being a little off for me to really match it to anything in my lolita wardrobe. I had mint where the skirt was green, and I had pink where the skirt was almost lavender. I kept it around for a long time but recently sold it.


Angelic Pretty's Sugary Chiffon

I still own this blouse, only worn once! I got this as a gift actually, and I was originally excited because the three-quarter sleeves with the chiffon cutouts were beautiful. Unfortunately, it really only matches one or two dresses. I guess I thought I had more dresses that would match a bright baby pink blouse than I did, most of my sweet JSKs are pink themselves.


Haenuli Tights

This heading is so generic because I honestly don't know the name of these tights. Please let me know if you do! Like the blouse, I still own these but never wear them. They do match my wardrobe, but when worn, the business looks bad on me. We all know I don't have the skinniest legs, so the delicate furniture is stretched out. I've since learned that I look better in simpler legwear, and they're easier to wear with busy prints.


Himena's Olivia's Room

I like the motif of dollhouses and rooms, and I jumped at this Taobao predorder. I still love the print, but I wish I had ordered the ivory instead of the pink. If you've witnessed my dismay over the true color of my Imai Kira pieces, then you know I have bad luck with pinks that are actually purple. This is also the case here. I still love it and match it with white, but I do wish it had worked a bit better with my wardrobe.



Let me know in the comments what you've regretted purchasing. What things just didn't work in your lolita wardrobe?

Also, please check out the other participants in this week's theme.




Thank you for reading my blog, it really means a lot. 

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe. 

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT FORM MESSAGE IS HERE